CONNECTICUT Commercial Solar
Solar panels harness the sun’s energy and convert light into clean electricity. Clean solar energy promotes positive publicity as well as financial savings for businesses.
Utility, state and federal incentives are available for CT solar installations.
- CT commercial solar installations are eligible for ZREC funding from the utiltiy company. Connecticut Light and Power and United Illuminating is currently accepting proposal for solar projects under thier Zero Emissions Renewable Energy Credit (ZREC) program. Eight million dollars has been placed in the ZREC fund for commercial solar projects the first year. Choosen projects will recieve fixed monthy payments from the utility company for 15 years. Over 100 kW application deadline has passed for 2012.
- Under 100 kW solar projects has closed. United Illuminating territory ZREC value for under 100 kW is $148.89/ZREC and CL&P rate is $164.22/ZREC. CL&P accepted applications until January 22, 2013. Applications will be chosen by lottery.
- Visit CL&P for more information or contact us at email@example.com.
- CEFIA (Connecticut Energy Finance and Investment Authority) will be offering a financing program called C-PACE. Under C-PACE, the cost of an energy project may be funded by special financing arranged through CEFIA and repaid annually by the property owner through a special “benefit” assessment on their property tax bill.
- Businesses, municipals, not for profits or nonprofits have the ability to lease or utilize a PPA (power purchase agreement) as a way to finance a solar power system. With a lease of PPA the business entity only pays fixed monthly payments similar to an electric bill with little or no upfront expense.
- USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) Farm grants for solar installations. Rural Energy for America (REAP) offers assistance to agricultural producers and small businesses.
Waldo Renewable Electric, LLC are solar power experts. Please contact us today to find out how we can help you upgrade to solar power.
For more about commericial financing a solar power system please visit our blog.
See Database of State incentives for Renewables & Efficiency for more information regarding incentives.